Yesterday was a day I won’t forget – It was the 1st time I had seen Sydney sick… Seven months old and she had never been sick, for that I am thankful. Curtis picked her up after work and noticed that she was feverish and just not her little self, he brought her by the … Continue reading
What glorious weather we are having and what better way to celebrate it then a trip to the park!
The day started off rough… someone has been having some issues teething the last 2 days and it has been a tough go around with this left back molar 😦 Mommy finally got her down for a nap and thankfully she slept 2 hours! Sydney’s BFF, Kylee, and her mom came over to get started on our adventure to the park! The girls were troopers, we stayed for a whole hour which we couldn’t believe! They played in the swings, the sand box (where Kylee tried to eat it and Sydney wasn’t sure what to do), the sat at the bottom of a slide, sat in a little house, and then we tried the big chair swing! We really wanted to put the girls in the awesome saucer swing but there was a boy who just kept laying in it and he wouldn’t leave! Once we got in the car that was when the melt downs started- Sydney first, Kylee followed, Sydney went to sleep, then Kylee woke her up, they both cried for a couple of minutes, Kylee went to sleep, and then Sydney screamed the rest of the way home- poor things! They played so hard then wore themselves out!
In other updates:
- Our daughter now sleeps with her blanket over her head… If you move it she WILL wake up and she WILL be angry with you… So, we don’t move it 🙂
- Sydney refuses to take baths in her baby tub (which we put in the big tub in the hall). She started last week trying to climb OVER the side of the baby tub to get into the big tub… So last Friday was the last night for the baby tub, I was quite sad about it, but she does such a good job sitting up like a big girl in the tub and doesn’t fall over!
- And on some days… she boycotts some of her naps. She really thinks she’s getting away with something, but boy howdy she can’t fool anyone with how tired her eyes are!
- We had a lovely shopping trip to Target with Great Guh yesterday and she was a little show off during her shopping trip- wearing her jeggings and onsie! We got a couple new outfits, some new types of baby food, and a baby iPad… yes a baby iPad toy. Haha!
- Little lady LOVES jello- whether you feed it to her by spoon or if you dare let her have it on her high chair tray- she ATTACKS!
- Syddie is a little know it all who thinks she can walk already- she’ll scoot off your lap or try to scoot off the couch if you aren’t watching because she is so sure that she can just stand and walk like the rest of us, it priceless to watch- the determination is great in this little girl.
- Daddy got her a new outdoor swing tonight after work and he attached it to the garage door frame and off she went swinging away and giggling the whole time- silly thing!
Well, that’s it for this post- it only took me several hours from the time I started to actually finish it 🙂
Well, I am officially 24 now and man it sure does feel different 😉 Looking back over the last several years things have changed quite a lot. Age 21- built our house Age 22- Married Curtis, moved into and bought our home, graduated nursing school, passed state boards to officially become a R.N., and conceived … Continue reading
Today is the day I wait 364 days a year for… I love myburthday and have since I was little, it used to be a week long celebration for me when I was little. The year though is my first year celebrating my birthday as a mommy- I honestly up until a week ago kept … Continue reading
It’s been awhile since I have been able to post, my little 6 month old is one busy thing and our days are spent playing on the floor, reading books, and catching some snuggles with each other (well… a little house work too). My wonderful mother gave Sydney and I the gift of Citrus Lime … Continue reading
And so, Lent begins today! 40 days leading up to Easter, Christ’s biggest sacrifice for all of us. After Mass on Sunday, Curtis and I began comtemplating what we could give up (sacrifice) and do extra each day during Lent. After much debating between several different options, we decided- To give up dessert after meals, … Continue reading
Today was Sydney’s 6 month appointment… and that meant the dreaded shots. She dazzled and enchanted the nurses and doctors at the office and completely wowed her doctor with her impressive sitting up skills, Dr. Le couldn’t believe how well she balanced and could catch herself when she was about to topple over! Go Sydney! … Continue reading
My my… oh how time flies! It seems absolutely crazy that 6 months ago today we held our precious daughter for the first time! She is growing in leaps and bounds and her knowledge base is ever expanding 🙂 Looking back at pictures the day she was born seems just like yesterday, even looking at … Continue reading
Sydney was almost like her own booth at the Women’s Fair~ Grammy and I got stopped about every 5 feet for someone to look at her and comment about her gorgeousness 😉 I think we made more traffic come to a halt then some of the slow granny’s did! “Oh. My. Goodness! Look at that … Continue reading
I found this song the other day while listening to Raffi Radio on Pandora and absolutely fell in love with it! It makes me think of Sydney now and in the future… And, to be honest, I tear up every time I sing it to her. Here is just refrain of “You and Me” by … Continue reading